With Halloween around the corner, you may be wondering about a strategy to control the sugar levels in your home! Here are some tips for keeping those sugar bugs at bay:
1. Chocolates are generally healthier for their teeth and bodies rather than chewy, sticky, colorful candies which can get into the grooves of back teeth and are hard to clean out.
2. Allow them to eat several pieces of candy at once (and quickly!) rather than snacking on it slowly throughout the day.
3. Keep the stash hidden away and offer a few small pieces right after mealtime rather than alone as a snack.
4. Rinse with water, or better yet, brush after eating sweets.
5. Emphasize that Halloween is a special occasion and that treats shouldn’t be eaten daily.
6. Have fun!!!!
Lolo Pediatric Dentistry is proud to offer comprehensive pediatric dental services to families in North Vancouver and surrounding communities. Get in touch with us at 604-770-0890 or fill out our contact form HERE to get started.